– The Exiting the European Union Committee (House of Commons) produced a new report – Response to the vote on the Withdrawal Agreement and Political Declaration: Assessing the Options
– The European Statutory Instruments Committee (House of Commons) produced a new report – Fifteenth Report of Session 2017–19
– The Home Office published and updated the following documents – EU Settlement Scheme: employer toolkit; EU Settlement Scheme public test phase: employer toolkit; EU Settlement Scheme private beta 2
– The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency published new guidance – How to make regulatory medicines submissions to the MHRA if the UK leaves the EU with no deal
– The Competition and Markets Authority published new guidance – The CMA’s state aid role if there’s no Brexit deal
– The House of Commons Library produced new research briefings – Brexit: devolved legislature business; European Union (Withdrawal) (No. 3) Bill 2017-19; Brexit: Proposals for the future UK-EU relationship
– A new article was posted on the National Assembly for Wales Research Service blog – Supreme Court rules on Scottish Brexit Bill
– The Council of the European Union published a draft regulation amending the regulation on ship inspection and survey organisations – Proposal for a Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council amending Regulation (EC) No 391/2009 with regard to the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the Union
– The European Parliamentary Research Service published a new post on its blog – Brexit: The latest impasse [What Think Tanks are thinking]
– A new post was published on the Bruegel website – What does a possible no-deal Brexit mean?
– A new article was published on the Public Law for Everyone blog – Can the Government veto legislation by advising the Queen to withhold royal assent?
– New articles were published on the Free Movement blog – How to show residency when the EU settled status automated checks don’t work; EU settled status application scheme video walk-through; Isle of Man and Channel Islands not subject to EU free movement rules; Brexit doesn’t mean Brexit just yet, Court of Justice holds in asylum case; How to apply for “settled status” for EU citizens; Settled status fee for EU citizens scrapped
– New articles were published on the LSE blog, including the following – Have British judges already left the EU? The impact of the Brexit vote on EU law in the UK; Has Parliament taken control of Brexit? Well, it’s complicated
– A new article was posted on the University of Bristol Law School blog – Parliamentary Sovereignty: Brexit and Schrödinger’s cat
– A new article was published on the EU Law Analysis blog – Brexit, asylum and the rights of the child: clarification from the CJEU
– A new article was published on the UK Constitutional Law Association blog- Andrew Denny: Would a Bill Seeking an Article 50 Extension Require a Money Resolution Proposed by the Government?
NEW BOOKS & ARTICLES IN THE LIBRARY
Jan Walulik, Brexit and Aviation Law (Routledge 2018)
‘Brexit: deal or no deal? Next steps might rebalance UK constitution & its workings forever’ (25 January 2019) 169 (7825) NLJ 4.
David Greene, ‘Brexit conundrums. The rejection of the prime minister’s proposals means we are in uncharted territory constitutionally’ (25 January 2019) 169 (7825) NLJ 9.