– The UK Government published a new document – UK government commitments to Northern Ireland and its integral place in the United Kingdom
– The Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy published new sets of guidance – Resolving disputes with business: your consumer rights after Brexit; Package holidays: your consumer rights after Brexit; Buying a timeshare in the EU: your consumer rights after Brexit; Your consumer rights after Brexit
– The HM Treasury updated the following guidance – Banking, insurance and other financial services if there’s no Brexit deal
– The House of Commons Library produced a new research briefing – Brexit statements
– A new article was published on the National Assembly for Wales Research Service blog In Brief – Preparations for a ‘no deal’ Brexit: The latest position
– The Council of Europe published new documents regarding Brexit – Council decision on the signing, on behalf of the European Union and of the European Atomic Energy Community, of the Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community; Draft Council decision on the conclusion of the Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community
– Letter from the President of the European Council and the President of the European Commission to Prime Minister Theresa May (14 January 2019) was published.
– New Brexit-related articles were published on the Free Movement blog – The legal status of new arrivals from the EU after a no-deal Brexit; “Computer says no”: facing up to the full implications of a digitised immigration system
– A new post was posted on the Centre on Constitutional Change blog – The sleepwalkers of 2019 meet their unknown destiny
– New Brexit-related posts were published on the Bruegel blog – EU budget implications of a no-deal Brexit; The implications of no-deal Brexit: is the European Union prepared?; The implications of no-deal Brexit: is the EU prepared?
– A new article was published on the Constitution Society website – Blog by Andrew Kennon on The House of Commons and the Brexit Deal
– New articles were published on the UK Constitutional Law Association blog – Kenneth Campbell: Constitutional Dogs That Barked and Dogs That Did Not: The Scottish Continuity Bill in the Supreme Court; Philip Allott: The Problem of Direct Democracy: Brexit and the Tyranny of the Majority; Robert Craig: Can the Government Use the Royal Prerogative to Extend Article 50?
NEW ARTICLES IN THE LIBRARY
– A new Brexit-related article was published in the New Law Journal – Simon Parsons, ‘Brexit & retained EU law. Simon Parsons reflects on the possible impact of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 which breaks the conduit pipe whereby EU law flows into UK domestic law’ (4 January 2018) 169 (7822) NLJ 9–10.