– The Ministry of Housing, Communities & Local Government published a new policy paper – Brexit and local government: response to the HCLG Select Committee report
– Several sets of no-deal guidance have been updated – Existing trade agreements if the UK leaves the EU with no deal; Trading in drug precursors if there’s no Brexit deal; Travelling in the Common Travel Area if there’s no Brexit deal
– A new post was published on the Doughty Street Chambers blog – Sanctions update: business as usual for EU sanctions law pending Brexit
– A new post was published on the Free Movement blog – Settled Status Handbook: updated second edition out now, free for members
– New articles were posted on the LSE Brexit blog, including the following – Residency, settlement or citizenship? The choice for EU nationals in the UK before and after Brexit; Book Review: Understanding Brexit: A Concise Introduction; The European Parliament after Brexit: what would it look like?
– New articles were published on the UCL Constitution Unit blog – Brexit and the constitution: seven lessons; What role will the UK’s MEPs play in the new European Parliament?
– New articles were published on the UK in a Changing Europe blog, including the following – Free the logjam: repeal the Fixed-Term Parliaments Act; Lack of trust in UK government’s settled status scheme pushes EU citizens to apply for naturalisation; Naturalisation and (dis)integration for Euro families in Brexiting Britain; UK-born children of EU nationals in the UK: historical, national and local perspectives; Parallels and differences between ending Commonwealth and EU citizen free movement rights
– A new post was published on the UK Constitutional Law Association blog – Sam Fowles: Can the Prime Minister Prorogue Parliament to Deliver a No Deal Brexit?
NEW ARTICLES IN THE LIBRARY
– A new Brexit-related article was published in the Law Society Gazette:
Joshua Rozenberg, ‘Brexit uncertainty leaves judges on the brink’ [3 June 2019] LSG 15.
Middlesex University School of Law
12 June 2019 19:00-21:00
Trade Knowledge Exchange
13 June 2019 8:00-9:30
71 High Holborn