– The House of Commons International Trade Committee produced a new report – Continuing application of EU trade agreements after Brexit
– The House of Commons Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee published the Government response to its report – Leaving the EU: implications for the civil nuclear sector: Government Response to the Committee’s Second Report
– The Scottish Parliament’s Information Centre published a briefing on the UK Withdrawal from the European Union (Legal Continuity) (Scotland) Bill
– The External Affairs and Additional Legislation Committee (the National Assembly for Wales) published a report – The Trade Bill: Report on legislative consent and associated issues
– The Assembly for Wales Research Service blog highlighted a paper which ‘provides a summary of the Welsh Government’s Law Derived from the European (Union) Wales Bill’ – Bill Summary: Law Derived from the European Union (Wales) Bill
– Draft guidelines on the framework for EU’s post-Brexit relations with the UK were issued. More information can be found here.
– Philip Moser QC and Evanna Fruithof, members of the Bar Council Brexit Working Group, wrote a post which was published on the Bar blog – Guest blog: Prime Ministers Brexit Speech: Analysis by the Bar
– A new post was posted on the Landmark Chambers blog – Update on International Trade post-Brexit
– Two new posts were published on the Free Movement blog – Naturalising as a British citizen: the intention to settle requirement; Case on Brits keeping EU citizenship stalls in Dutch courts
– A new post was published on the European Law blog – Lounes, Naturalisation and Brexit
– A new article was published on the Bruegel blog – Getting accustomed to Brexit – UK and the customs union scenario
– A new post was published on the EU Law Analysis blog – Does the Prime Minister’s Unexpected Discussion of Competition Policy Signal a Softening of Brexit?
– A new article was published on the European Futures blog – Brexit and Environmental Protection in Scotland: The Road Ahead
-The Brexit: Local and Devolved Government report was produced by the UK in a Changing Europe.
NEW ARTICLES IN THE LIBRARY
– A new Brexit-related article was published in the latest issue of the Law Society Gazette – Michael Cross, ‘Law Society: no ‘scorched earth’ Brexit’ [5 March 2018] L.S.G. 3.
– Three new Brexit-related articles were published in the Yearbook of European Law:
- Paul Craig, ‘Brexit, A Drama: The Interregnum’ (2017) 36 YEL 3–45.
- Gavin Phillipson, ‘EU Law as an Agent of National Constitutional Change: Miller v Secretary of State for Exiting the European Union’ (2017) 36 YEL 46–93.
- María José Pérez Crespo, ‘After Brexit…The Best of Both Worlds? Rebutting the Norwegian and Swiss Models as Long-Term Options for the UK’ (2017) 36 YEL 94–122.